Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Hithcer (remake) - Trailer video

MSN has posted a trailer of the re-make to The Hitcher. I have to say the original is one of my all time favorite horror/thrillers of all time. Watching this preview I asked "why?... why remake this?". I don't get the motivation here, plus they changed the plot to being a boy and a girl right off the bat rather than the way it was in the original with C.Thomas Howell's character traveling by himself. I thought his character being by himself and meeting Ryder has much more intense fear because he's all alone in the car. Anyway, check it out and make your own judgment. If this is anything like the quality of the TCM remake its going to suck.

Check out the Video here.

2 comments:

Kamyar said...

Finally someone who shares my opinion that the TCM remake sucked.
I find it baffling it got so many rave-reviews by a lot of Horror-Fans.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Ha ha ha. I actually heard some good reviews too so I decided to check it out, even though I had my reservations. It was GOD AWFUL. I've heard even worse things about the TCM: The Beginning Prequel or whatever the hell it's called. That sounds like they had a possible good idea and basically turned out some garbage. They need to leave those "horror classics" alone.