Thursday, January 17, 2008

RE-UP - Christopher Young - Hellraiser (Full Score)

This post is for StrangeRanger, enjoy!

Here is the complete score to the movie Hellraiser by Christopher Young. A great 80s horror score when many films at that time were doing more synth heavy stuff. I love the snyth stuff, but Young produced a fantastic score performed by an orchestra, which really gave some great atomosphere to the film. This movie by far was my favorite of the Hellraiser series, and I hear that Clive Barker himself will be re-making sometime soon, so that will be interesting.

Also, if you are interested in the scores for Hellraiser 2 & 3 check out the fantastic Vinnie Rattolle's Records blog for those as well as Christopher Young's score for "Flowers In the Attic".

"I thought I'd gone to the limits. I hadn't. The Cenobites gave me an experience beyond limits... pain and pleasure, indivisible.".

Download the full score here

10 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks! - I too always loved this score.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

Uncle Mike said...

A remake eh? I'm interested in that. Especially if Barker has a hand in it.

StrangeRanger said...

Thanks Fiji Mermaid! I'll be enjoying this one.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Uncle Mike - Yeah, I heard there Barker was looking at possibly re-making this one. If he's handling it I say what the heck give it a shot. I mean I don't think it needs to be remade it's a classic.

StrangeRanger - Hey no problem, sorry it took so long to post.

Vinnie said...

Hey Fiji!

Near the end of the production of the first "Hellraiser," the money ran out. Going by memory (which isn't always completely accurate), I think several scenes were dropped because they didn't have money to shoot them -- and I know that some of the effects are hokier than they could have been simply because they were so strapped for cash. That's probably why Barker's expressed an interest in remaking it. I've read "The Hellbound Heart" and I personally think the film is one of the greatest adaptations of a book ever to hit the screen -- though some of the sexuality was thoroughly unfilmable back then... and probably still is 21 years later. But if he wants to give it another go, more power to him.

As for the deluxe CD set, "Hellraiser: The Chronicles," it came out in 2003, was limited to 3000 copies and featured the scores for the first three films. It's now out of print too. Let me know if you want rips/scans (Young also scored the second film).

-- Vinnie Rattolle

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Vinnie, I would be very much into getting the "Hellbound: Hellraiser II" score. If you could post that one I would appreciate it. I really enjoyed that flick too, I liked being able to see more of the Cenobite's world. I have to admit that I didn't like seeing my beloved Cenobites being beaten by Dr. Channard/Cenobite. I've never read the Hellbound Heart, but I've been meaning to for years and years.

The Boom Operator said...

I'm with you about the remake...I'm so wary of them anymore, plus it would be hard to top the original. It was done so right in so many ways.

The last thing I want to see is a CGI pinhead. Then again, you know my feelings on CGI!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Oh, CGI Pinhead would be a disaster wouldn't it, I think if Barker does the remake it will be keep it's originality and practical effects. A far cry from those "film makers" that thought Van Helsing was a good flick.

Martin said...

Awesome movie. I am a great fan of horror movie and this is truly worth watching. I would simply to all horror movie lovers if they haven't watch this movie they have seen nothing.
free movie downloads