Friday, March 09, 2007

Theme From Ghost World - David Kitay (1 track)

Here is the Ghost World theme song from composer David Kitay. This track is from the Ghost World soundtrack. The soundtrack has a pretty eclectic mix of stuff. Like this track along with some of the goofy songs from the movie like "Graduation Rap" and also has a number of the classic "old timey" songs the character Seymour listens to. As for the Ghost World theme, it's probably my favorite track from the movie. It seems to capture the humor and drama of this flick into one great theme.

Also if you didn't know this movie was based on the graphic novel of the same name by Daniel Clowes. If you haven't read it and you are a fan of this flick you should definitely pick up a copy. It has many things that are seen in the movie, but also a lot of stuff that didn't make it into the flick. I guess that's how it goes with any film adapation based on a book/comic.

Seymour: You think it's healthy to obsessively collect things? You can't relate to other people, so you fill your life with stuff... I'm just like all these other collector losers.

Download - Currently down

2 comments:

Kamyar said...

Oooh, I love this film. A pre-glam Scarlett Johansson and two great performances by Thora Birch and Steve Buscemi (one of the rare occasions where he is playing the lead...)
I never understood the ending, though, a lot of people on message boards think it means that she comitted suicide, but for me that's too depressing to think of it...

The Fiji Mermaid said...

I don't think she committed suicide. I think she just left her town, she had finally had it there. Her friends and family weren't what she was looking for and she decided to just take off and see what the world has to offer her. That's my take on it.