Thursday, October 20, 2011

You're Just What I've Been Looking For (Angela's Theme) - Frankie Vinci

Today I have the track "You're Just What I've Been Looking For (Angela's Theme)" from the cult classic 80s slasher film Sleepaway Camp. I actually just saw this for the very first time last night. (This was a post I did back in 2007, but with 2011 Halloween around the corner I thought I'd unearth this gem from my archives here.)

I was a child of the 80s and knew about this movie forever, but somehow never got around to watching it. Well last night I was able to watch what I thought was one of the strangest, weirdest, corniest horror flicks I've ever seen. I don't know if I can say it's a favorite.. yet. I need to watch it a few more times. I definitely can see where fans hold this flick special in the hearts/memories... especially if they watched it back when it was originally released.

The track I have here is what plays over the end credits and it quite catchy. I really love it! This is a DVD audio rip that I made here. I don't know if there was any official or bootleg soundtrack released of the 3 songs from the film or not. If anyone has a better sounding version than this I'd love to check it out, that being said this sounds pretty good for a DVD rip.

"How come Angela gets to talk to the boys all day, and WE have to play volleyball? "
Link is dead

8 comments:

Madman said...

I have downloaded some music from www.sleepawaycampfilms.com
if you want some more music from the movies

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Ok, cool. I knew there was some fan site or something for the films. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the info. I'll bet they have this track too... ha ha ha.

jason said...

Hey Fiji my friend, been awhile! I had to take a break from my blog for a few months and I was not visiting any others either. Just want to say hi and let you know I just posted a very special Halloween treat, and I will continue to. Take care my mutant comrade.

Jason from Nightchillers Rare Music
http://nightchillers.blogspot.com/

Evan said...

Thanks alot for this rip! Ive been meaning to see these films for a while. I finally got back to posting and have a bunch of new stuff up and im sure youll enjoy at least one. Thanks, again for all your effort!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Jason and Evan thanks for dropping by. It's good to see you guys back to posting some stuff. Now that it's Halloween season I'm betting you'll have some great stuff on your blogs.

Evan said...

Wow! I just saw this movie for the first time! God it was great, but that ending was soo weird! I personally think its better than Friday the 13th even if this was a sort of a knock off.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Yeah, I don't know if I can say it's better than Friday, but it's got a charm all it's own.

David Totty / Something Weird said...

you should totally put Miko Hirsch's version on here too! :-)