Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Aliens VS Predator Requiem (first reaction)


Hey all, I just got back from seeing Aliens VS Predator Requiem, and I have to say it was awesome. I'm a huge fan of the Alien and Predator flicks and this lived up to that feeling I get when I watch Predator, Predator 2, Alien and Aliens. This is definitely rated R, much more gore here for fans of the gore in previous installments. The story was pretty good too, and the setting of this small Colorado town gave the film a different look than the other films. I really liked the look of the Predator in this one too, he looked more like the Predators from the first and second movie as far as his mask, armor and weaponry. It wasn't the more over the top huge weapons in AVP1. I won't give anything away, but to say as far as human victims go, nobody is safe.

Also, the score was actually pretty good, the composer seemed bring in familiar sounding music from the Predator scores by Alan Silvestri, but with his own twist. If any of you have seen this feel free to drop your comments, I'm curious to hear other fan reaction.

6 comments:

The Boom Operator said...

I'm with you. Probably going to post about it over at the Speakerbox tomorrow. The score borrowed heavily from the original Sylvestri score, which made my evening. That movie gave me pretty much what I wanted to see...and left it wide open for a sequel.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Excellent, I look forward to reading your review.

adam brown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
r.j. sayer said...

glad to know i'm not the only horror fan who enjoyed this film.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

R.J., oddly enough a lot of Predator and Alien fans didn't like this flick, I'm not quite sure what kind of movie or storyline they are looking for? Or exactly why they thought this movie was so horrible.

Goel said...

I love to watch alien movies. I have seen almost all of them. The one I like the most was the predators.
download free movies online