Friday, February 08, 2008

HBO's OZ - main theme

Since I was on this Wizard of Oz kick lately, I thought I'd transition my Oz posts to my next series of posts... TV main themes. The first theme I have here is for the HBO series OZ (very fitting I thought). Which, if you don't know is a 6 season running prison drama, which is one of the best shows you can find out there, at least the first 3 seasons are and then it begins to lose some steam and get a bit crazy, but still an enjoyable show. All the characters are so well played it feels like you are watching a real prison world, not that I know what prison is like, but I'm damn sure I don't want to know from first hand experience. The show takes place inside an experimental section of the Oswald Penitentiary. This section of the prison is named "Emerald City", I guess since the nickname for the prison is OZ, it was only fitting to name the section something from the Wizard of Oz.

This is the title track that plays during the opening credits and it's a track that just sticks in my head long after I've watched an episode. The music in the show was done by David Darlington & Steven Rosen so I'm guessing they put this theme together. Enjoy!

Download the main theme here

4 comments:

constant drama said...

Hey hey, isnt OZ the HBO show, the one that have the father from LOST in there? The black guy? That's the one right?

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Yes, you are correct. The actor who plays "Michael" on LOST is also on Oz,he's a very different character than what he plays on LOST, much more nicer and not so annoying.

Uncle Mike said...

Don't forget Lost's Mr. Eko was Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje who played Oz's Adebisi. Lance Reddick is on Lost now too after playing on Oz and The Wire. He was the guy who came to see Hugo in the mental ward
and claimed to be from Oceanic Airlines in the season premiere this year. Thanks for the theme Fiji.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Mr. Eko and Adabisi are two of my favorite TV characters, when I first saw Akinnuoye on LOST I was so excited, he's great. I haven't seen the season 4 premeire, I wait until they seasons are on DVD so I can watch them all at once.