Monday, April 07, 2008

Less Than Zero - Thomas Newman (Full Score)

Here is the unreleased Thomas Newman score to the 1987 flick "Less Than Zero" starring Robert Downey Jr. and Andrew McCarthy. I actually haven't listened to this score too much so I can't recommend a particular track. This is entering my iTunes rotation very soon though.

As far as the flick goes it's not one of my 80s favorites, it has some nice star power... Jami Gertz is in there. You can see her in the album art there way in the background. I didn't see this flick in it's day and it wasn't until 2001 that I saw it and it really wasn't as good as I was hoping. I guess I was just hoping for more... an 80s "Requiem for a Dream" it's not. Anywho, Thomas Newman's score was never officially released so I'm sure there will be a number of people happy to see this posted here.

""I f#@ked up. I don't have any money. I don't know... I don't know where I'm going to get it.""

Download the score here!

8 comments:

Zer0_II said...

Greetings. I accidently stumbled across your blog while trying to find old horror movie scrores. You have a lot of nice stuff available here.

I've added your blog to the Movie and Television Soundtracks/Scores category on my music blogroll/directory @ http://music-bloggers.blogspot.com

If you would like to help me out you can do so by linking back to my blog. It's not required in order to be listed, but I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks once again for the fine music and your hard work on this blog. Take care.

Zer0_II

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Zero, thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to add a link to your blog on my blog as well!

LMG said...

Hi, how are you? Really enjoyed this particular score; too bad there's no track names.

Since I've d/l several files from here, can I reciprocate? Any requests I can help fulfill?

Again, thanks for maintaining this blog, great stuff here.

Best, LMG

The Fiji Mermaid said...

LMG, thanks for dropping by. Yeah, since it wasn't an official release I guess there were never any track names, just like the Chopping Mall sdtk. Thanks for the offer, one score I really want is from the 1987 horror film "Dolls" the score is by Richard Band. http://tinyurl.com/4nf83f

Alex said...

I'm having trouble with the zshare link. It's doing the loop thing in the comments I saw for some other postings.

DNAcinema said...

ciao! ha aperto i battenti il nuovo portale di cinema direttamente dagli studios di Cinecittà. News, recensioni, anteprime, foto, video e tanto altro ancora; e se vuoi collaborare con noi scrivendo recensioni scrivici @ dnacinema@yahoo.it http://dnacinema.blogspot.com/ P.S. Complimenti per il blog, ottimo lavoro! (saresti daccordo per un'affiliazione? ci terrei particolarmente...) A presto! Lorenzo

mrjwright said...

anybody still have this? zshare link is stuck in limbo.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Alex, something does indeed appear to be wrong with this download. I haven't posted soundtracks for quite some time, sadly. I'll see what I can do to get this link fixed.