Monday, September 14, 2009

RE-UP Tales From the Darkside (Intro Theme)
Donald Rubinstein

UPDATED DOWNLOAD LINK
This is my 4th re-up for this theme. It's a popular one. I now have an updated version with the voice over that has much better sound quality than the previous download.
* * *
This was a request from fellow reader R.J. Sayer. Sorry it took so long. As an added bonus for having to wait for these two tracks I have an additional song thrown in. Donald Rubinstein's theme he composed for the "Monsters" TV show that was a similar show to "Tales From the Darkside", but from what I recall had some added humor at times.

"Tales From the Darkside" was a fun horror themed TV show in the vein of Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. There were some great episodes. One I watched on youTube was called "Halloween Candy". It was a pretty good episode that captured the feel of the show.

I've read that George Romero originally wanted to do the show as "Creepshow", but Warner Bros. had the rights to that name or something like that so they ended up doing it as "Darkside"

I have both the instrumental and version with the voice over. It's a great creepy theme that gave me an uneasy feeling when I was little.

Man lives in the sunlit world
of what he believes to be reality.
But, there is, unseen by most, an underworld,
a place that is just as real,
but not as brightly lit.....
A DARKSIDE.

Download the tracks here!

18 comments:

r.j. sayer said...

thanks a bazillion!

...AND THE MONSTERS THEME?! yet another one i've been looking for with no luck!

AWESOME.

r.j. sayer said...

Ha! except now i can't play the narrated Darkside track because i'm missing some codec.

UGH!

any thoughts?

The Fiji Mermaid said...

R.J Sayer, hmm strange the narrated track didn't play for you. I'll try to import it into one of my sound editing programs and re-save an mp3. We'll see what happens, fingers crossed.

Zer0_II said...

Hello again. I wanted to invite you and your readers to my new social network that I have created. It's similar in appearance to myspace (minus all the hormone-crazed teenagers), but it is intended to serve as a hangout for artists, musicians, and music lovers. I have also included a forum category for music bloggers such as yourself to promote their blogs and share updates. If you are interested, here is the url:

http://digitalmeltd0wn.ning.com

I hope to see you there. Take care.

Zer0_II

Msix9 said...

hey,very strange..every time i try downloading the darkside file off of your z-share link it keeps looping back to the beginning where you have to wait 20 sec..it won't let me download it..arrrgh..i need it for halloween :-(

A said...

Msix9 I'm having the same problem. Any chance you can re-upload this? pretty please!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Msix9 and A, hello. Yes I will re-upload the files this evening. Look for a note above the download link saying "link corrected" or something along those lines. Then you'll know the links is updated.

r.j. sayer said...

YES! thank you thank you thank you!

now... if only i could find the end credits voiceover version.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

R.J. once I get my PC back I can try working with that voice over track and get it so you are able to play it.

r.j. sayer said...

oh, i've got it working now. i mean the END credits one. the one that's all "the darkside is always there... etc etc"

again, thanks a million.

Msix9 said...

thanks indeed for looking out..only bummer is that the one that truly counts w the narration is a very low 80 kbps..which is too low to dj at a party or throw in a mix..192kbps minimum..320kbps is the best of coarse..besides a Wav or FLAC

The Fiji Mermaid said...

R.J. I'm glad to hear you have that narration track working now.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Msix9, yeah sorry about the audio quality on that narration version. Unfortunately it's the best I was the best I was ever able to track down myself. With any luck I'll get a better sounding version for next Halloween.

mint said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Kaylee

http://grillsblog.com

GoblinScore said...

Already have this theme, but wanted to give the 'mermaid' kudos for unearthing more of the great underrated Donald Rubenstein! Bravo!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

GoblinScore, thanks! I appreciate that.

Research Bureau said...

the link is not working... please re-upload! Thank you!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Research. Sorry to say I'm not re-upping any soundtracks to tunes as of now. I wish I could, but you can read why I can't here.

http://sideshowcinema.blogspot.com/2012/01/blogs-new-direction.html