Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Cruel Intentions - Edward Shearmur
(Full Score)

Here is the complete full score to the 1999 teen flick "Cruel Intentions". The score was composed and performed by Edward Shearmur. I happened to discover this a couple of years ago when I was trying to hunt down any possibility of a score soundtrack in existence for this. Quite honestly I do not know where this came from, who posted it online or when I originally found it but, I'm for ever grateful to them. This is one of my favorite scores for one of my favorite guilty pleasure films. I can't quite say why I like it. Most stuff like this I wouldn't even give 10 min attention. The music captures the feeling of the film so well, at times diabolical and sneaky. Other times very touching and emotional. The full score is total of 23 tracks. I normally will embed a video for the trailer for the film, but in this case I wanted to show a scene that has the score heavily used in it. It's some great stuff.

As I said this is one of my favorite flicks. In my little world it's a cult classic. The first couple times I saw it I really didn't care for it at all, but then the third time was the charm. I really started liking the movie for it's demented charm. Well enough of my rambling enjoy the score. Also I don't normally ask, but let me know if any of you have been hunting for this score.

"You were very much in love with her. And you're still in love with her. But it amused me to make you ashamed of it. You gave up on the first person you ever loved because I threatened your reputation." - Kathryn



7 comments:

jason said...

Yo Fiji man! Jason here saying hello andl letting you know I posted something new on my my blog. I briefly expain why I haven't been posting on my blog as of late. I hope you're doing well man. Enjoy the new post!

Jason

Ladytink_534 said...

I haven't seen this movie in years!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Ladytink, I say give it another viewing. It's really good in a weird way and the score is really solid. Thanks for dropping by.

Stephanie said...

Link has expired.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Stephanie, I will get this updated soon with a re-up. I'll add "RE-UP" to the post title so you know. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

bliss said...

Thank you soooooo much for this score.... i've been looking FOREVER for this!!! I thought it might be some virus download or something but i was desparate and took the risk. Its ligit and i am so glad i found it because i really gave up looking for it...thank you sooo very much whom ever you are!!!!
Bliss 186

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Bliss, you are very welcome! Yeah no viruses here. Not at all. I had a hard time finding it originally, it was never officially released.

Thanks for stopping by. Come back again.