Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Alien3 - Elliott Goldenthal (Full Score)

This is Elliot Goldenthal's score/soundtrack to the third film in the Alien series, "Alien3". Probably the third best stand alone Alien flick. It has plenty of good moments that elevate it above just re-hashing what Alien and Aliens did, but it's not classic by any means. The biggest issue I take with the movie is the very beginning, and the killing of beloved characters from the previous film. The score works very well with the movie. Matches up with previous Alien films and fits the dark and creepy setting of the prison planet the story takes place on. I'd say the soundtrack is worth getting for the cue "Adagio" alone.


"Why? Why are the innocent punished? Why the sacrifice? Why the pain? There aren't any promises. Nothing certain." - Dillon

Download the soundtrack here!

3 comments:

偉曹琬 said...

No garden without its weeds.............................................................

Cav said...

I'm not sure what happened to Goldenthal, but I have to admit that I loved some of his work. I own Interview With the Vampire, Batman Forever, In Dreams and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. I love how he uses violins, though he can tend to almost over use them. It would be nice to see him score something new, really. :)

Ruchi said...

I love the whole work of Ellitt Goldenthal. He is genius. I watched his film "Final Fantasy" and very much inspired with him. I am going to watch Alien 3. I am very curious about this film.
free online movies