Thursday, July 07, 2011

Tales From the Darkside- Theme
Donald Rubinstein


Here is the theme to the "Tales From the Darkside" television show. It was a fun horror themed TV show in the vein of Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. There were some great episodes. I've read that George Romero originally wanted to do the show as "Creepshow", but Warner Bros. had the rights to that name or something like that so they ended up doing it as "Darkside"
I have both the instrumental and version with the voice over. It's a great creepy theme that gave me an uneasy feeling when I was little.
As an added bonus I have an additional song thrown in. Donald Rubinstein's theme he composed for the "Monsters" TV show that was a similar show to "Tales From the Darkside".
Man lives in the sunlit world
of what he believes to be reality.
But, there is, unseen by most, an underworld,
a place that is just as real,
but not as brightly lit.....
A DARKSIDE.

Link is dead

1 comment:

Zer0_II said...

Greetings Fiji Mermaid. I've often stumbled across your comments over on the Inferno Music Vault blog, and I believe Vinnie Rattolle's blog as well. I run my own blog also, which I think you would be interested in. The name of it is Digital Meltd0wn, and it can be found here: http://digitalmeltd0wn.blogspot.com

We're doing something a little different for Christmas this year on my blog. We decided to completely shun it and post horror soundtracks instead. Phelpster from the Manchester Morgue, who I'm sure you're acquainted with, is guest-blogging on my blog this month. I was hoping you might be interested in making at least one guest-post between now and Christmas. Please leave a comment over on my blog if you're interested. Take care and keep up the great work here.

0II