Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just One of the Guys - Full Soundtrack


Here is the long out-of-print soundtrack to the 80s teen comedy Just one of the Guys. This has all the tunes fans of the film remember from the flick and is a very enjoyable listen if you like the flick. Personally I would say it's one of my top 5 teen comedies of the 80s. I can't pinpoint exactly on why I feel this way, but I would imagine it's a mix of the strange story, likeable characters and some good ol' fashioned pop music. I remember watching this numerous times on HBO back in the day and it never got old. Even now I love watching it, over and over.

Years back it finally hit DVD, which was nice for the fans to get a nice copy of it on a format compatible with the 21st century. It was actually on this DVD release that I realized there are three characters in the flick that independently appeared in various X-Files episodes, which was kind of cool to me too.

"You know how she worships your bulging muscles and your hairy chest! Terry is such a stallion. Go 'head, Ter, show him your hairy chest. "




9 comments:

The Boom Operator said...

Excellent post! I've been looking for this one for a while :)

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Boom Operator, you're very welcome. It's a great album.

sewZinski said...

Can't wait to listen! Thanks! Terry is such a stallion. :)

The Fiji Mermaid said...

sewZinski, you are very welcome. Enjoy the great music.

Cav said...

Wow, you found Just One of the Guys? I didn't even know this movie had a soundtrack. :) Great stuff!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Cav, yeah I had been looking for it for years, but about 4 or 5 years ago finally came across it from a fellow soundtrack blogger. It's pretty good too.

petevaldezbc said...

here i offer a lil twist concerning this soundtrack that, if one is able to solve this once + forever, i can then reflect + see all life fulfilled to the uttermost. ok, so i found this soundtrack some years back...the same as posted here (though not in as good of quality). i was disappointed though to find that a song that got me looking for the soundtrack in the first place was not included. It is "Gone Too Far" by Neurotica (during the scene when Buddy teaches Terri how to walk with balls). Who can find this one song!!!!!????? HELP!!!!!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Petevaldezbc, I haven't found this track yet! I would love to have it. It's a shame it wasn't on the official soundtrack, but as the case is, with many soundtracks, many songs never make it to an official release. It makes the hunt to create an "expanded" version fun, but frustrating.

kurganwins said...

Thank you very much I appreciate it.