Monday, February 07, 2011

The Thing - Ennio Morricone
Full Score/Soundtrack

Today I have the now out-of-print "The Thing" score/soundtrack by composer Ennio Morricone. The thing is one of my all time favorite movies, and if you catch me on the right day I may just say it's my absolute favorite movie. The film has been talked about to death, so there isn't anything new I can provide you on that front. The music however is a major element to the film to help set the mood and it doesn't disappoint! Morricone's score captures that feeling of isolation and fear that is essential to this film. If you are a big fan of "The Thing" I highly suggest getting this added to your music collection.

"I don't know thousands of years ago it crashes and this thing... gets thrown out or crawls out and ends up freezing in the ice."

5 comments:

michmdr said...

Many thanks, Humanity (part II) is excellent!

Greg Stuart Smith said...

Fantastic! All I had up until this point was some crap City Prague Philharmonics version of the main track. God, this is so much richer! Thanks big time!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Greg, Yeah this original release by Ennio is much much better than the City Prague release. I've heard that, it just isn't the same. (maybe it's better than nothing).

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate it.

Greg Stuart Smith said...

You appreciate me?! Oh, no, no, no, no, I appreciate YOU! After all, I'm the one who always wished I could get my hands on a copy of one of Morricone's more subtle, yet brilliant (and claustrophobic) scores, and know I have it! So far beyond good. Thanks, again.

And I'm digging the hell out of the site. I'll be back for more and will leave more comments. Nice layout, too.

So what do I call you when corresponding? Fiji Mermaid or something more traditional? Either way...

Cheers. Greg out.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Greg, ha thanks! I'm glad you like the site and my offerings.

You can call me Fiji, Fiji Mermaid, or Mr. Mermaid if you want to sound more business like.