Friday, March 25, 2011

Critters- David Newman
(Expanded Soundtrack)

Here I have available the score to the 1986 sci-fi/horror film "Critters". The score was composed by David Newman. This release I have here is actually the original score, plus the pop music tracks heard in the film making it an expanded version of the soundtrack that I got from my friend The Long Island Ripper at the Inferno Music Vault. I believe his buddy Phaota provided the additional pop tracks and some additional cues not heard on the original release, which is really excellent for fans of the film so hats off to them. To add my own little touch to this release I created some album art based on one of the original posters for the film. Newman's score is pretty enjoyable, but the crown jewel of the score is "Critter Skitter". I'd say this is worth downloading just for that track alone.

My friend Freddy's Fingers from The Paradise of Horror blog was recently talking about "Critters" and I had to post this one. Enjoy! I have added the trailer to the film below. One thing that I find odd about it is that it doesn't use Newman's score, but uses a cue from Charles Bernstein's score to "A Nightmare On Elm Street". I wonder why this is, aside from it being a New Line Cinema release. Maybe Newman's score wasn't ready at the time the trailer was cut.

"We're here for the Crites."


4 comments:

seitu06 said...

Hi,
PLEASE!!!!! Can you help me find the title of the music
we hear on this video?
It's an Argentinian telenovela (1994) and they
used international composers as:
Jan Hammer, Enya, Vangelis, Ennio Morricone, Bill Conti, ... if this could help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dltk3TuJluo&feature=related

Thank you.

seitu06 said...

Hi,
PLEASE!!!!! Can you help me find the title of the music
we hear on this video?
It's an Argentinian telenovela (1994) and they
used international composers as:
Jan Hammer, Enya, Vangelis, Ennio Morricone, Bill Conti, ... if this could help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dltk3TuJluo&feature=related

Thank you.
P.S: Ask for your friends if you don't know, please!! :'(

Victor Crowley said...

Thanks from a French Horror Fans

Arthemisia said...

Thanx for this one: Critters rule!!!