Monday, September 12, 2011

Evil Dead 2 (Full Soundtrack)
Joseph LoDuca

Keeping on track with my last Evil Dead post, I have for your listening enjoyment the score/soundtrack to the 1987 horror/comedy "Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn" as composed by Joseph LoDuca.

The sequel to the original Evil Dead film was scored once again by Joseph LoDuca, which I think was a great move by Raimi to work with him again. The score here has that same vibe as the original creepy score, but I would say this score sounds a bit bigger than the previous soundtrack. This isn't a bad thing. I speculate that the score sounds richer because LoDuca was becoming a more accomplished composer and maybe the budget of the film allowed him to do a bit more.

This film is my favorite flick out of the Evil Dead trilogy, but I think I may prefer the original score just a bit more. There some really stand out tracks here. "Ash's Dream / Dancing Game / Dance Of The Dead" is the series of cues heard when you are treated to some spectacular stop motion animation zombie ballet. Enjoy!

Link is dead

"Then let's head down into that cellar and carve ourselves a witch."

No comments: