Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Countdown to Halloween:
New Wave Halloween
Compilation Album

My Countdown to Halloween posts continue with this excellent addition to any Halloween themed playlist. This is a compilation album that came out in 1998. The album has a big assortment of well known artists performing Halloween/horror/sci-fi themed songs.

There are some stand out tracks like Oingo Boingo's "Dead Man's Party" and The Ramones' "Pet Sematary" which I absolutely love. Trying to track down that single was what actually brought me across this compilation. So I picked this up just for that track and the rest of the songs are just extra greatness. I'll list the track listing below to help you decide if this is worth the download to you or not. I highly recommend this. I'd say the only odd thing to this compilation is the title. I'm not so sure all of these artists would really be, or like to be called "new wave".

  1. The Time Warp - The Rocky Horror Picture Show
  2. Everyday Is Halloween - Ministry
  3. Devil In My Car - The B
  4. Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo
  5. Pet Sematary - Ramones
  6. Theme From Halloween - MX
  7. The Munsters Theme - Comateens
  8. The Creature From The Black Lagoon - Dave Edmunds
  9. Halloween - Siouxsie And The Banshees
  10. Halloween - The Dream Syndicate
  11. Halloween - Sonic Youth
  12. Halloween - Dead Kennedys
  13. Halloween - The Misfits
  14. Halloween - Mudhoney
  15. Creature With The Atom Brain - Roky Erickson And The Aliens

5 comments:

DogsMom said...

OK I am not technically knowledgeable by any means. I click the link, wait the 45 seconds, and then?
The download button looks like it is for Angry Birds?

The Fiji Mermaid said...

DogsMom: After the 45 second download ticks down click on the "Regular Download" grey button, that should start the download. In the Chrome browser it starts downloading right away, but you may be prompted to save the ZIP file down. Funny thing is this is one of the least visually confusing of the download sites I've tried. ;-) thanks for stopping by.

Jenna Valentine said...

Great download. Thanks so much!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Jenna: You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

HFM said...

At PeePeeSoakedHeckhole.com, the link is live! Happy Halloween!