Thursday, October 13, 2011

Maniac - Jay Chattaway
(Full Soundtrack)

Today I bring you the long out of print soundtrack/score to the 1980 horror/slasher/drama "Maniac". The score is done by Jay Chattaway, that should remember as scoring the film "Silver Bullet". This is a relatively short soundtrack. Some cues are only a minute or so, some longer. What this score has all the way through is a very sad, creepy vibe. It's got that heavy 80s synth that I love. A stand out track is called "Cry For Mother" and for the especially creepy is the track called "Inner Voices" that features very low haunting music along with voice over of the character Frank Zito.

This soundtrack, although being out-of-print for a long time as made a brief appearance in the last week for hard core fans. Mondo known for selling/releasing limited edition movie posters by various artists has taken a step into the soundtrack world and released a new remastered limited edition (500 copies) of this soundtrack in LP format. It has since sold out, and I think that's a great thing to see. It's this release that made me think I bet there are a number of folks that want to hear this score. So if you missed out on that release or weren't necessarily interested in getting an LP, here you go!

"Now you tell me what I should do. I heard about it, I always do. I can't go out for a minute. It's impossible. Fancy girls, in their fancy dresses and lipstick, laughing and dancing. Should you stop them? I can't stop them. But you do, don't you? And they can't laugh and they can't dance anymore. You've got to stop, or they'll take you away from me. I will never, ever, let them take you away from me. You're mine now forever. And, I'm so happy. "

Download the full soundtrack here!

No comments: