Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stephen King's "IT" - Soundtrack
Richard Bellis

With Halloween fast approaching I wanted to release another horror soundtrack gem. This is the un-released score to the TV mini-series "Stephen King's IT" that aired back in 1990. I looked for this score for sometime and then discovered it on another soundtrack bloggers blog. That link over there is now dead and the blog inactive. It's funny I finally got around to sharing it here.

When doing some double-check work to make sure it's not commercially available from the normal channels I found various movie and soundtrack forums discussing the high possibility of a 2-Disc release of this score from Richard Bellis. Then I found November 2011 was the date of release, but no real details on it. Since it's been 21 yrs since the movie aired and still the score hasn't seen an official release, I wanted to get this out there for fans looking for it. It has some nice stuff on it, some great cues and a suite that has a lot of the cues grouped together and should hold you over until that official release comes out, or never comes out as the case may be.

I do want to say that I've never read the book, but have heard very good things about it and that the mini-series has some great elements of the book but isn't really able to capture how good the book is. Tim Curry's performance as Pennywise to me is pretty fantastic though. Classic stuff.

"I'm every nightmare you've ever had. I'm your worst dream come true. I'm everything you ever were afraid of."

Download the soundtrack here!

3 comments:

It Came From The Man Cave said...

Thanks for the post.

Lone Wolf said...

Thank you!

Yes, the book is excellent, definitely worth your time. Also worth seeking out is the unabridged audio book, if you're into that sort of thing.

Cheers

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Lone Wolf: Perhaps I'll read it in the future. The audio book may even be a better deal for me. ;-) thx