Friday, February 24, 2012

League of Extraordinary Bloggers
Where Are They Now?

This weeks League topic from Cool & Collected is as follows.

"The 80′s and 90′s were filled with kids and teens in the movies. Which movie would you like to see a sequel made in 2012 with the original cast members, who have aged the same as you and me."

I thought about this and in many cases they've done sequels for movies I love, and those sequels have not been good generally. There are some classics to me however, Aliens, Terminator 2 and Clerks 2. Nine times out of ten, sequels to great movies are a bad idea, so I thought, why not see a sequel to a movie that was disturbing from the start? One that wasn't necessarily a classic, but one that captured my imagination and sickened me at the same time. I propose a sequel to Larry Clarke/Harmony Korine's disturbing cult classic KIDS.


This is a movie I first saw back in 1995 in high school and I must say then I found aspects of it disturbing and bizarre to say the least, but being close to the age of these people I mentally let some stuff slide. However, as the years go by and I re-watch it, it becomes more and more disturbing as the characters and their ages are frozen in time and I have aged. This is one whacked out flick.

I think I would like to see just how absolutely disturbing these people's lives have become. They'd have to up the freakishness by 250% to really top the original flick and get me in the front row seat, but if they succeeded in that I'd watch it. The original is like a train wreck or a car crash you spot while driving down the road. It's awful, but you can't look away.

What do the other League members think? Look no further...

That Figures ponders the possibilities of Indiana Jones in 30 yrs... wait what?!?!

AEIOU wants to see a grown up Sarah battle Jereth in the Labyrinth 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Cool and Collected wants to see the Dinner Club with John Bender a ticking time bomb!

Michael May's Adventure Blog wants to see the ageless Tom Cruise, Mira Sara and Tim Curry create another Legend.

Double Dumbass On You would like to see Monster Squad 2: Monster harder and a presumably washed up bunch of monsters hunters.

4 comments:

IAreGeek said...

Wow, I haven't seen this forever. That would be interesting indeed.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

I watched it just the other night and it is really something. Not a lifestyle I lived, but not out of the realm of reality, and to see more madness is something I could go for.

Jaime Hood said...

I'll never forget the first time I saw this with my friend Julie from high school. In art class we'd catch each other's eye sometimes and bust out with, "I have no legs, I have no legs..."

Funfact: I later went on to make a horror video for German class in which she played a zombie with no legs writhing on the floor moaning, "Ich habe keine beine! Ich habe keine beine!"

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Jamie, Ha ha ha! That is a memorable scene. Great to see you had an homage to that in your German class! I'd imagine most people didn't catch the reference there.