Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thrift Store: Storm Shadow, Barbie and Hip-Hop

Many years ago there was a blog, that is now abandoned, called "Thrift Store Adventures" and this guy would go out and browse thrift stores and take pictures of the cool, weird and just strange things he found. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures and got a new appreciation for those kinds of stores. Eventually my wife and I started going to some to hunt for cool items. I once saw two Stridor robo-horse He-Man vehicles and thought "wow this stuff must be here all the time".
Sadly, I was wrong and finding gems is far and few between, but very fun when you do. So when we are out we take pictures of the things we find and occasionally buy. I'll post pictures here of the stuff that turned out well photo wise or was just worth sharing on the blog. If you want to see more picts that don't make it to the blog you can follow me on Instagram @ FijiMermaid and my wife @DiscoHulk. Enjoy!

5 comments:

The Nivekian Konsolate said...

Sweet! I always wondered what happened to that blog... it'd be nice to see what you find.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Nivekian: I don't know what happened on that blog, just one day he stopped posting, hopefully I can bring some small thrift store entertainment from time to time.

news2day said...

I think your posting is worthable to visitor. Great I searched Wholesale Printer Related.Thanks for updated Keep updating more news about Online Printing

Oro said...

Hello,
I just became a member of your great blog. I also look towards new members so check out my blog:

www.orogod.blogspot.com

Best regards,
Oro

city said...

nice idea.. thanks for sharing.