Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lee Holdridge - Select Songs

Well friends. I'm daring to dip my toes back into soundtrack blogging that I love so much. It's been quite a long time since I've done this. You could possibly consider my Secret of the Sword post previously the official return, but I digress. What I have for you today is the now OOP (out-of-print) album "Digital Premiere Recordings From The Films Of Lee Holdridge" featuring thirteen various cues and suites from film that Holdridge has scored in the past.

If Holdridge's name doesn't ring a bell for you, then I suggest you think back to the sword and sorcery 80s classic Beastmaster. Now you know what I'm talking about! Beastmaster was one of those films that has a nice cult following based on all sorts of elements of the film, Marc Singer, a painted tiger, weird monsters, the whole sword and sorcery thing. That was really big back then, what with the popularity of Conan and Masters of the Universe. This soundtrack contains lots of music from all sorts of films that Holdridge worked on, but one of my favorite bits is the inclusion of a nice 7+ minute suite from Beastmaster. My posting this isn't random in the least. My friends over at the Cult Film Club site recently did a podcast discussing this film in some detail for they all dig the film on some level.. because as I said it's a cult classic. I highly recommend you drop by their site and listen to their podcast and future podding. It's great entertainment!

Download the soundtrack here!

5 comments:

Jaime Hood said...

Thanks for posting this!! Been trying to find it for a long time. The music of Beastmaster is EPIC.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Jamie, you're very welcome. I wish the soundtrack contained more than just the "Beastmaster" suite, but it's far better than nothing. It's my favorite cut on that album.

Bob Johns said...

Sweet welcome back!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Bob, thanks!

Misu Rose said...


top site for hip hop & rnb buy beats, sign up for free buy beats online
now,we got everything you need for your mixtape or album.