Monday, February 04, 2013

Masters of the Universe: The Secret of the Sword

Today I'm continuing with my Masters of the Universe related posts because, as you may have read in the previous post, I'm a big fan of the Masters of the Universe property (toys, stories, music). I have been tracking down things of interest lately related to He-Man and She-Ra. One of my favorite finds is "The Secret of the Sword" soundtrack put out on the Kid's Stuff label. Although the book/cassette set calls this the "original soundtrack recording" it's not exactly the score from the MOTU feature film. When I first came across it I thought it was just the score from the film, which I was extremely excited about, as cues from the He-Man and She-Ra shows haven't been readily made available. What this actually is, is the complete "Secret of the Sword" movie/story in audio/book form.

What I have for you dear friends is the audio from the cassette, which honestly is pretty fantastic.
! It uses all of the original voice performances and score straight from the film. It has a narrator that speaks and explains things along the way to make it a true audio book and it helps to make the story transition to the audio realm quite nicely. Of all the audio Masters of the Universe related stories my kids listen to now, it's by far their favorite. I really enjoy hearing the original Filmation music and actors on here. It feels like you are watching the film when listening to it. It's a pretty great story too. If you haven't seen the film I highly recommend it. It's a great bridge from the He-Man show to the She-Ra show. I love seeing characters from the various series all-together in one story.

What I have available for download to you is the complete audio book and an isolated track of the theme song "I Have the Power" as performed by Erika Scheimer & Noam Kaniel. I thought some of you might enjoy having that track separate from the story audio so I'm throwing it in here as a bonus to this download. Enjoy!

"By the power of Grayskull!"
"For the honor of Grayskull!"

Download the soundtrack here!


4 comments:

The Fiji Mermaid said...

One sort of odd, maybe overly geeky thing I must mention that in that book artwork I have here in the post there is a frame that shows Queen Angella and Skeletor together. Those characters never meet up in "The Secret of the Sword". The pose Queen Angella is in actually looks like when She-Ra and He-Man find her with the harpies on Etheria... Filmation and Kid's Stuff probably just wanted to make the frames as interesting as possible visually.

The Boom Operator said...

This is awesome! Thanks for tracking me down and telling me about it. I'm glad to see you're still up and blogging!

Miss M said...

How cool is that! I love the theme song to this movie. That is an awesome find! That frame with Angella and Skeletor is very interesting! I love little things like that. This is a really cool blog!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Miss M, It's actually quite a catchy tune! I'm glad you could check out my She-Ra centric post. Yeah that thing with Skeletor just stood out to me as one of those strange oddities in the artwork depicted for this cassette release.