Thursday, May 09, 2013

Zapped - Original Soundtrack

Today for your listening "pleasure" I have the now OOP (out-of-print) soundtrack to the 1982 teen-comedy Zapped starring Scott Baio and Willie Aames. They are probably better remembered acting together on the 80s TV show Charles In Charge. This soundtrack to the best of my knowledge features original pop songs conceived specifically for the film. I don't believe any of these tracks saw any kind of mainstream success on the charts.

The interesting thing to this soundtrack is that it doesn't feel classic to me. It has the 70s/80s vibe I normally like, but only a couple of the tracks really grab me. The songs are all listenable enough, but I'm betting if you are a big fan of the film you'll dig this soundtrack as it will hold some nice nostalgia for you. The fact that I don't hear it mentioned much on the blogs lends me to think there must be a handful of you hunting for this release.

Admittedly I've never seen this flick. The most I've ever seen was the trailer. Based on what I saw I think that was probably enough. Although I HIGHLY suggest if you have an interest in what this flick is all about, Scott Baio, Aames and telekinesis then head over to the Cult Film Club to listen to their latest podcast/discussion on this film!

Download the complete soundtrack here!




No comments: