Friday, September 27, 2013

Woolwoorth's Store
Halloween Commercial

Here is an old TV ad for Woolworth's "one-stop-shopping" for your Halloween needs. They have costumes, candy and spooky sound effects records for any great party. I have to say those costumes are horrible looking. I never liked those crappy plastic masks and costumes that seemed so popular back then. That Ben Cooper brand and their ilk were just awful to me on all sorts of levels. I mean look at the Holly Hobbie costume in this ad, what in the hell is that?!?


4 comments:

Dex said...

That's what there was and we liked it! :D

Spookywolffe said...

Yeah, they definitely weren't high art, and they were so cheaply made. I don't think I ever made it a whole Halloween night without the string tearing out of one side of the mask (probably eaten through by the profuse sweat from the mask choking my skin), and the costumes were usually tearing after a block or so. But still, those were good times. And I have that record still!!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Dex, Ha ha ha ha!

Spookywolffe, Yeah they were ultra cheap. I think the designs on most were really terrible looking.

I'm obviously in the minority here not digging these. :-)

Caffeinated Joe said...

This just makes me happy.