Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Wolfmen of Mars
Universal Madness (Album)

The Countdown to Halloween continues and today's post is music related! I recently got the latest Wolfmen of Mars album release "Universal Madness." I've been a big fan of their work since I first discovered them. All thought I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite album, I think this is my favorite Wolfmen album to-date. Wolfmen of Mars describe the album as "Take some fuzzy guitars, big boxed VHS movies, analog synthesizers and those old Halloween decorations. Put 'em in a giant blender and you've got this album right here." I don't think I could have said it better myself!

If you've been a long time reader of this blog, you've probably heard me speak on them before and why the music appeals to me so much. The music as you'll hear is heavily influenced by horror/sci-fi scores/soundtracks with that heavy synth and sinister sounding vibe. It's right up my alley. Some tracks are creepy and haunting "The Ungodly Hour" and others much more upbeat "Make Your Own Monster". With Halloween quickly approaching I highly recommend everyone purchase this album. It's great music for the season and putting into the mix at your Halloween party. Also, check out that album artwork, it fits perfectly with the vibe of this album. You can see why Halloween pops into my mind as soon as you see it. Give the album a spin below and if you dig it head over to their Band Camp page to buy some new music.

4 comments:

Strange Kid said...

Really digging their sound!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Strange Kid: Awesome, I'm glad you like it. It's good stuff!

Jeremy [Retro] said...

Very cool, I too and digging the sound... so what I am just copying what Strange Kid said. Kidding!
Visiting part of the "Countdown to Halloween"

Jeremy H.

New Look, New Name and Same Stuff...
[Being-Retro]

Also, thought I would share this with you... this is the label I work for and we want to get a good turn out this year.. Maybe you like and then share?

13 Days of Chills [2013] Win Prizes and More!
Brought to you by "Howlin' Wolf Records", go ahead you should check it out! Remember this runs all month long and it's all about the score music from some of your favorite films and the mention of prizes doesn't hurt either.

http://www.13chills.com/

Ps. Word Verification is Awful, if you get the chance PLEASE Turn it Off and set your comment preferences to NO ANONYMOUS! If you need some help on this, please visit my site on "Stupid CAPTCHA"... I have some helpful steps.

Caffeinated Joe said...

Horrific, in a good way.