Tuesday, April 29, 2014

GODZILLA (2014) - Asia Trailer

I just had a chance to watch the "Asia Trailer" for the upcoming Godzilla from Legendary. This has some of the same things we've seen in the previous teasers/trailers, but shows a bit more and at least, to me, a bit more about the story. One really fantastic thing this shows is Godzilla about to square off against a new, seemingly very destructive monster. This is something that was hinted at before, but I was really hoping we'd get to see Godzilla battling another monster. The reason this is important to me as a fan is that when I think about Godzilla I think about him fighting with all sorts of fantastical creatures. The fights stand out more to me than the stories. I was a bit worried this would maybe go down the road of Godzilla 1985 or Godzilla 1998 where his only adversary was man, which to me was rather boring. I have high hopes for this flick.

2 comments:

Strange Kid said...

Wicked awesome! It's hard to tell what the second creature is from the angle in the trailer, but my hear wants it to be Rodan. :)

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Strange Kid, I think that second creature is a brand new monster to face off against Godzilla. I had wondered if it was Rodan too, but there are shots where it looks more bug like. On a whim I wanted to see if they were making toys based on this and came across a Bandai toy of a bug like monster and I think this is what we are seeing in the trailer.