Monday, July 28, 2014

Mad Max: Fury Road
(Trailer/Preview)

I just watched the Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) preview/trailer that was shown at this year's ComicCon in San Diego. I had reservations about the idea of going back to this story in the modern era. It's usually impossible to capture lightening in a bottle. When re-boots, remakes and new sequels come out based on previously beloved films I can usually tell right from the trailer it's going to be a trainwreck. So with this film I wondered how it would look, would it be a CGI vomitorium, will a new actor of Max be acceptable, will the action and practical effects hold up to the original films?

Well watching this I have to say, early at this stage in the game I'm very interested in seeing this movie. The action looks spectacular, looks very reminiscent of the previous entries in the series and that's a good thing. It looks like a lot of practical effects, there did appear to be a little CGI, but not bad. If there was more I couldn't tell and that's acceptable to me. I hope this movie ends up being really cool.

Take a look at it below if you haven't seen it or just want to re-watch it.


No comments: