Wednesday, September 17, 2014

3 Speed - "Once Bitten" (1985)


Since Halloween is right around the corner, I've been getting into my Halloween music playlist quite a bit,. Since I first started compiling songs, for this massive collection, there have been 20 or so songs that were original additions and one of them is this track Once Bitten by the group 3-Speed. It has that classic 80s pop sound, but since the topic is about a vampire it's welcome on my Halloween playlist.

If you aren't familiar with this song, it's the title track to the 1985 horror/comedy film of the same name. The movie stars Jim Carrey in a very early role, long before he was a major star. I used to catch this back on HBO in the late 80s. It's enjoyable.. sort of in that Teen Wolf type of vein, pun intended.

Now, I must admit I don't remember seeing this video before. Up until about 10 minutes ago I thought the lead singer was a man. Now to see it'a s woman singing... it's a bit of a surprise. Clearly I'm not a 3-Speed hardcore fan.


No comments: