Monday, September 08, 2014

Invaders from Mars (1986)



I recently came across the sci-fi/horror film Invaders from Mars (1986) directed by Tobe Hooper of Texas Chainsaw Massacre fame. It's currently steaming on Netflix (at the time of this post). I stumbled across it after browsing one of those lists that show up in my feed. I had completely forgotten about the film, but just after seeing the artwork I had some memories pop in my mind. I remember that hill, and the fence, there was something mysterious and spooky about that. That hills is fairly prominent in the original film so I see why Tobe kept this in his film. I remember a teacher that was threatening and eating frogs and that's about it. In my memory the movie was interesting and enjoyable, but it's obviously far from a classic to me since clearly I don't recall it all that well.

I started watching about 15 minutes of it and I have to say it's grabbed my attention and I actually want to watch the whole thing and then do a write up about my reflection on it. It's weird because it's almost like seeing it for the first time and I'll be interested to see how it plays out. I don't recall the original at all, so I don't have that to compare to this film. I may have to take a peek at movie trivia about this film on IMDB. If you haven't seen it or forgot about it yourself I have the trailer below for you to take a peek at.

No comments: