Friday, September 12, 2014

Joe Lamont - "Quiet Cool"
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3


The other day I was listening to a collection of 80s pop/rock songs I have from various horror films. The song Quiet Cool came on that I actually haven't listened to in quite a while. It's performed by Joe Lamont. It's actually quite good, by 80s standards. It's really memorable to me because an instrumental version is heard during the intro title sequence to A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors. The character Kristin (Patricia Arquette) is building Nancy's house and this song is cranked up in an attempt to keep her awake.

I'm an 80s kid and the majority of movies I saw, especially horror, was on the small screen through cable television and VHS rentals. Dream Warriors was just one of these flicks that I would rent a lot and later tape off tv when it aired on cable. The intro title sequence for the VHS release contained Quiet Cool, but theatrical release and subsequent DVD release had "Into the Fire" by Dokken featured. Joe's song was originally written for a film called Quiet Cool, but re purposed on the Dream Warriors VHS release. Many years later seeing the film with Dokken's track, I must say I prefer the Joe Lamont track, perhaps merely on nostalgia. If you aren't familiar with it check it out below.

Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - VHS Title Sequence



 In addition, I have for your ears Quiet Cool vocal version and the Dokken track I mentioned.





Joe Lamont - Quiet Cool (vocal version)



Dokken - Into the Fire



No comments: