Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ray Bradbury Theater
The Man Upstairs


If you have been interested in my last few posts about anthology based TV shows, then I think you'll dig this offering I have today. Here is an episode from the Ray Bradbury Theater show that was on the air in the 1980s. It was very much like the Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Tales from the Darkside, but the stories here were based on Bradbury's writing. Here is a stand out story that really captured my imagination. It's called "The Man Upstairs", I didn't see this story when it originally aried, but came across it after listening to the radio play of the same name that was on the radio waves back in the day.

The story is about a young boy staying with his grandmother who has a boarding house that has a few people renting out rooms. A strange and mysterious man named Mr. Coburman comes to stay at the house for a while. He seems off a bit and the young boy, Douglsas, feels there is something more to Coburman than just being an eccentric guy. Douglass has a few odd encounters with Coburman that spooks him a bit. I'm not going to give anything else away and spoil the story, but I do recommend checking it out if you like a good yarn that has a mix of mystery, suspense and a touch of horror.





 Part 2


 Part 3

No comments: