Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Plague from Hobo with a Shotgun


A friend of mine was talking to me about some modern music that has that 80s synth sound that I really dig. So as I explored music in that style that got me thinking about the song "Hunters" by Lazerhawk featured in the film Hobo with a Shotgun. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a remake/cover of the same song by the artist Power Glove.  This scene in the film was probably the most memorable and just visually striking for me. The Plauge killers look was fantastic. They are really the type of weird characters I like and I wasn't expecting anything like this in the film so their appearance was great. They were just maniacs. They seem like robots, ninjas, cyborgs, monsters... the unexplained quality makes for something awesome.

I wrote a movie review for this flick when I saw it originally and looking back on that I talked about this scene then. It's quite striking.

Also, this has got me to thinking that about three years ago I "painstakingly" tracked down as many of the songs from this film that I could find and put together an unofficial soundtrack, but never released it due to things going on in the soundtrack blogging world at the time. 

Check out the clip below where they show up at the hospital. Really cool stuff.



No comments: