Thursday, October 23, 2014

Avengers: Age of Ultron
Teaser Trailer (2014)

As I'm sure you all know Marvel Studios released the trailer to next year's Avengers: Age of Ultron and from what it shows, it looks pretty cool. I've been looking forward to this one since I heard that Ultron was going to be the villain. From the things I recall of the character in the comic books, he was a nearly unstoppable force that multiple heroes had trouble dealing with. I'm expecting the flick to be very enjoyable and they'll probably do their best to give all the various characters their screen time, but honestly would love to see an hour straight of Ultron crippling, crushing and smashing the Avengers into dust. Also, someone brought to my attention a version of the song "I've Got No Strings" from Disney's Pinocchio movie was used in the trailer. That works surprisingly well here, especially when we are shown a bit of an evolution of Ultron. When I heard James Spader would be the voice of Ultron I thought that seemed like a great choice, but there was a part of me that wondered if it would work. Well, after seeing this I'm sold on him in the role. Also it's worth noting this might be the first time 27 yrs that Robert Downey Jr. and James Spader are squaring off against each other. The last time was in the drug addict drama Less Than Zero.

I imagine down the road we'll see a longer trailer, but this is pretty fun for right now. Avengers: Age of Ultron will be released in May 2015.

 


 “I’m going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming… for mercy

1 comment:

Bob Johns said...

That looks fantastic!!!