Tuesday, June 02, 2015

The Jocelyn Pook Ensemble con Orchestra Filarmonica - "Migrations" LIVE


Hello friends. You most likely don't know this, but the 1999 film Eyes Wide Shut is one of my all-time favorite movies. The reason is due to the fact that it just has so much going on in it. The biggest thing is mystery and weirdness, but there seems to be so much to it that nearly every viewing leaves me thinking about it well after the closing credits.  It's that kind of thought provoking nature of the film that really elevates it to a classic level for me personally. Everything seems to come together in this flick for me, and as you SHOULD KNOW, I'm a big soundtrack fan. The music in the film is pretty great and by far my favorite track is "Migrations" by Jocelyn Pook. That track takes place during the scene where Dr. Bill is roaming the underground party masked and cloaked. The music is the soundtrack to the orgy that appears to be taking place in every room of the house. It has this sensual spookiness to it that really is perfect for the scene. I happened to stumble across this video of a live performance that the Jocelyn Pook Ensemble did of "Migrations" and it's pretty cool to watch.  Check it out below!


I don't think you realize the danger you're in now. You can’t fool them for much longer. You’ve got to get away before it’s too late.

No comments: