Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Foo Fighters - "My Hero" Music Video
(1999) "Varsity Blues"


I was listening to some old songs today on my pop/rock music playlist and this track, "My Hero" by the Foo Fighters came on. I haven't heard it in quite a while, but listening to it again reminded me how much I liked it. I was never a big Foo Fighters fan, but they had some hits such as this that I liked. I actually liked it more because of it's inclusion in the soundtrack to Varsity Blues (1999).  It just has a very fitting sounds for a late 90s sports centric film. I won't go into the film too much here, it has it's share of familiar faces and stars, perhaps more popular at that particular time. Overall forgettable, except for a some particular scenes... which saw parody in the Not Another Teen Movie film.


Police Officer: "These kids there just running around wild these days. Them kids last night they stole a cop car."

Bar Man: "NO?"

Police Officer: "Yes! And then they exposed theyselves!"

Bar Man: "Exposed theyselves?"


No comments: