Sunday, September 13, 2015

Clock Tower - Video Game Music (1995)


I was recently listening to the "Purple Stuff Podcast" episode 6 "Creepy Q&A" and they were discussing their favorite spooky/creepy videos games. Jay of the "Sexy Armpit" fame mentioned the Playstation game "Clock Tower" as being spooky back when he played it as a teenager. I had never heard of it as my gaming experience is more from the 80s and early 90s era. I had some favorites on Playstation in the later 90s, but this one didn't hit my radar.  I looked up some walkthrough videos to get a sense of it. For the time it looks pretty cool, but what really struck me was the music. It's fantastic. It really has an awesome spooky, slasher sounding synth score. Check out the clip below. The music kicks in around the 1:54 mark.

No comments: