Wednesday, October 07, 2015

3-Speed - "Once Bitten" (Song)
31 Days of Halloween Music


Today I have for you the musical stylings of 80s pop band 3-Speed. They performed the title track to the 1985 horror/comedy film Once Bitten. The film stars Jim Carrey in what I believe is his first major/starring role. Lauren Hutton also stars as a vampire with her eyes set on Jim's character as he is a virgin and to continue her immortality she must have his blood. Now back to the music. 3-Speed's track is really enjoyable, especially by my 80s pop music standards. It's quite a catchy track and one that's been in my Halloween playlist for nearly 9 years. If you are looking for more upbeat tracks for your playlist, you can't lose with this one. Also, it might spark some party conversation about this at least to me more forgotten horror/comedy from the 80s. Check out the video below, it features 3-Speed performing and scenes from the motion picture.

Robin: "Mark doesn't want you because you're mean and evil. He wants me because I am nice and sweet and pure, so fuck off!"

2 comments:

Bob Johns said...

What was it about the sound of 80's soundtracks. They sound so clean and fun and you can always tell they are from the 80's!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Bob, I'm not sure but there is a vibe of the 80s things that I really love. I suppose it's because I grew up with all of that around me and I just soaked it up.