Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Sounds - “Something to Die For”: 31 Days for Halloween Music


Today's spooky musical selection has a most definite pop music sound. It's on the edge of you suspecting I'm recovering from some kind of head injury and I'm completely confused on why a song with this sound would be included on a Halloween playlist. I'll give you two reasons
  1. It was featured in the 2011 film Scream 4.
  2. The title of the song is called "Something to Die For."
  3. Case closed. My head is OK.
The song makes it's appearance during the title sequence for the film, and I find it quite fitting for the film. It really gives some nice upbeat energy to getting into the flick, especially after the interesting sequences before the titles come up. A track done for a horror film doesn't always have to sound spooky, sometimes a heavy pop infused song works just as well for me.

No comments: