Thursday, September 22, 2016

Halloween II (80s TV showing promo)


Fall is slowly creeping up and it's time to dig out those classic and generally fun horror films to watch. A lot of my early horror movie watching was done by watching the edited versions of the films on local TV stations. To me it was a real event when these would play. When possible I would record them onto long play VHS tapes for repeated viewing. Sure I was missing some of the "good stuff" from the film, but by in large they were great fun to me. Hell, I didn't know I was missing anything. Below I have a video of an old promo of "Halloween II" being shown on TV. The voice over guy is in rare form. He really sells it. How could you not be prepared to throw a frozen pizza in the oven and get ready to watch Michael Meyers' second rampage.


2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Love retro promos like this, or little time capsule bits from video tapes.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Yeah, these old promos are a lot of fun to watch. This one is stand out to me.